[GEM Development] problems with EMMA

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 14:05:06 PDT 2005

: Just to let you know, I cannot get EMMA to work on my machine.  I have
: tried it with GEM 3.13 VDI and FreeGEM Desktop 3.2, and FreeGEM VDI and
: FreeGEM Desktop 3.2.  In both cases the command to start GEM simply
: returns me to the command prompt.

: I am using a WindowsXP machine, and below is a copy of my GEM.BAT

  Sounds like your system isn't set up to provide EMS to DOS programs. Try
creating a shortcut to COMMAND.COM, and on the 'memory' tab give it 1024k or
so of EMS. Then launch GEM from that shortcut.

--
------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"