[Fwd: Re: [DigitalResearch] [Fwd: [GEM Development] Googlewhack]]

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:21:34 PDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [DigitalResearch] [Fwd: [GEM Development] Googlewhack]
Date: 	Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Thomas Clayton <topcatdrc at yahoo.com>
To: 	DigitalResearch at yahoogroups.com

Dear Shane:

I: (Just slightly, off-topic)What's with the GEM-Dev
'subscription service' ??? I've tried, at least,
three(3) times to 'subscribe' since getting 'back'
on-line last Fall - twice in the last month. (Are
there *too many* memebers? :-( )  Please let Gene - or
whomever - know! (Feel free to pass along my e-mail
address to that person!)

II: A.The Ataris', which ran versions of GEM, were
68x00 based systems. I think the 1024 was a 68000(?)
system. Therefore, it is NOT out of the question that
these boxes being inquired about, ran GEM, also.
    B.The 'Unix'-like OS is *most likely* (not
definitely) DRI FlexOS(?). I've often wondered just
WHAT it consisted of, and could accomplish. (As we
agree, I'm pretty sure, there were many 'missed
opportunities' by DRI.)

Thanks for your continued development of GEM, BTW.
I'll write you off-list about some 'tools' that may be
available to ease your further development work. Based
upon what you've posted at your website, I think I
have an idea of 'where' you're attempting 'to go'.

Tom Clayton

--- "Shane M. Coughlan" <shane_coughlan at hotmail.com>

<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=la&q=pg9000+g%65mdos&btnG=Quaere

<http://members.cruzio.com/%7Ebluejay/main.html>> says