[GEM Development] GEM programming tutorial

veganalex veganalex at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:38:52 PST 2005

Is this like erm...a programming guide aswell or just how to use the few
tools included? - I'm trying to learn a language to help advance opengem
:D...and i haven't - and seeing as i've got my Christmas Holidays...I
thought now might be a good time to start. I think that I've posted this
before - but i must have deleted the reply :( .  I won't be able to buy a
book / borrow one from a library or anything till after christmas...and I
think that I'm pretty stuffed, to be honest with the text books I've got
already - old ones my dad got my mum...my mum never wanted to go back into
programming - so i ended up having...errr...'Core JAVA 1.1 Vol. 1 -
Fundamentals', 'Sams' teach yourself C++ in 24 hours' (believe me it don't
work!) and 'Instant HTML Programmer's Reference' (bril. book! I learnt HTML
pretty much from that and...i can't remember...I think another book
aswell...my mum might still know a bit of an old programming lang. - I think
she used to work for a company called Midsummer? in Milton Keynes when we
still lived there - but now she'd probably tell me to go down the library to
look for a book on programming - the only prob. is our local library is tiny
and I won't be able to find anything there - so that would mean a trip into
our nearest big town....umm...probably Basingstoke ;) - but the librarys are
closed after christmas until new-year (I think) - and I think tommorow is
the last day they're open!!! Please tell me!!!

Thanks alot,
veganalex