[GEM Development] End of development: GEMini

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 18:16:10 PDT 2004

Dear everyone

I would like to formally announce the end of development of GEMini by
myself.  I have been working on the software for some three years now, and
believe that it constitutes perhaps the most powerful DOS gui file manager
for its size currently on release.  However, given the limitations of the
technology, and the ever contracting market for DOS software, I do not
believe it is prudent to continue work on GEMini.

The current and most powerful version of GEMini will remain permanently
online at Shane Land on the dedicated GEM site (http://gem.shaneland.co.uk)
and I hope people will continue to use it.  I will be glad to answer any
questions - as always - via email.

Best regards

Shane Coughlan
www.shaneland.co.uk - my personal page
news.shaneland.co.uk - my easy to use online news homepage
gem.shaneland.co.uk - home page of OpenGEM and GEMini