[GEM Development] GEMini Release 2 now out

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 18:08:28 PDT 2004

Dear everyone

I am delighted to announce GEMini Release 2, the second generation of
GEMini.  GEMini is a cut-down version of OpenGEM, and is intended for use as
a simple but very powerful file manager.  The first release of GEMini was
580kb when installed (not too large, I am sure you will agree!).   GEMini
Release 2 is much smaller!  It's 400kb full installed, and should work
perfectly with FreeDOS, MS DOS, DR DOS, PC DOS and on most Windows machines.
You can obtain a free download of GEMini from http://gem.shaneland.co.uk

Thank you to Audrey (Liu Hsin-Hsuan) for making this release possible.

GEMini was released today because it is my 24th Birthday.  I usually try to
accomplish a goal on such a day.  This year two seperate goals have been
fulfilled!  As well as releasing GEMini I am also formally launching my
task-based news service on Shane Land.  The idea is to provide direct and
targeted links to thinks people are likely to want to know about, and thus
reduce the amount of time spent clicking and typing URLs.  You can check out
this service at http://news.shaneland.co.uk

Best regards

Shane Coughlan
www.shaneland.co.uk - my personal page
news.shaneland.co.uk - my easy to use online news homepage
gem.shaneland.co.uk - home page of OpenGEM and GEMini