[GEM Development] New changes

Peter Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Sun Jul 11 21:18:02 PDT 2004

I have a vague memory of Crocodile Dundee waking someone up. Two
differences betwen me and CD, though: (1) he's serously underfed and (2)
he shaves so much you'd think he'd have a constant facial rash.

I should have added that I don't wrestle crocodiles, but have
occasionally tried wrestling the dog (a Shih-Tzu) or the cat (a ginger
fuzzball since the dog arrived).

Congratulations on the ADSL. It makes a great difference, doesn't it? I
got cable (where I live -- far from Outback Australia! -- we have a
choice of either) and am also pleased with it, despite Telstra's
reputation for a dreadful quality of service. (Telstra is the original
Australian Government telecommunications carrier from before
deregulation, and owns all the telephone and a good lump of the cable
systems). It was a pretty easy set-up on Windows, but my LINUX-based
network project unravelled before I got the cable connected. I'll get
back to it pretty soon, though. I can't stand seeing that unused box
glaring at me from beside my desk.

All the best,

Peter