[GEM Development] test for my new mailing program

Liam Proven lproven at cix.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 18:27:02 PDT 2004

Ben A L Jemmett wrote:

> Oh, it's a PITA all right.  Unfortunately I have a couple of accounts that can
> only be accessed through IMAP (or webmail at a pinch, but checking that
> regularly is more hassle than it's worth).

Yep, that's the only reason I used to use it, too.

The company had decided its internal IMAP server (running on an elderly
version of Notes) was broken, since neither Outlook nor Outlook Express
would connect.

I used Eudora. Worked fine. The senior techies didn't listen; they KNEW
it was broken. The junior ones were amazed and moved to Eudora. We knew
that the MS apps were broken - Notes was working fine.

The company gave up Notes and was recommending Exchange to all its clients.

I left.

--
Liam Proven
Web: http://welcome.to/liamsweb & http://lproven.livejournal.com