[simpits-tech] New panels...FINALLY!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Sep 24 11:44:02 PDT 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Cris Harrison wrote:

> G.. I cant say anything more really great.. but two questions?
Thanks!

> 1. what is the status of using the bi-color plex that is used in real panels
There isn't any.  "Real" edge-lit panels are manufactured using a screen
printing process and not multiple parts of different colored plastic.  The
screen printing inks that they use are very expensive because they've got
to meet mil-std emissivity guidelines, especially those rated for NVG use.

> 2. can you do custom work and how much will it cost?
Certainly!

I haven't had the time to work up a rate sheet as yet.  There will be some
kind of minimum setup charge to cover the jigs used during the machining
and laser engraving processes.  I can't supply the circuit board power
connectors that are found in "real" panels as they're insanely expensive
and would actually exceed the charge to make the edge-lit panel itself.

I'll sit down at some point soon and come up with something I can publish
for folks to reference.