[simpits-tech] 1980's Navy Aircrew Gear List

Scott Cerrito scerrito at roadrunner.com
Sun Apr 11 19:23:53 PDT 2010

Odd?   kinda like our ecletic tastes here in SimPits, eh?   :)

I realize that some of the combination in flight gear prolly deals with various manufactures not being compatable, etc (connections, ports...), however, that can't be the total explanation of all the differences...  I grew up air force, my brother-in-law is still in, and I had every intention of modeling my cockpit after a 15, or 16, or if i got really devious, the f-111...  i just don't have the room for a side by side... hands down, i love the 'vark... my boss was stationed RAF upper heyford, and he shared a rather nice collection of books and photos on the f-111...  everyone likes the 16's cockpit, but I prolly would sell my firstborn if I had a chance at getting a f-111 cockpit...

I got lucky on my helmet...  I wanted the hgu-55, but this guy had a few 33's left over with an imaculate taping job, plus he threw in the mask (it was non-repairable for flight) for1/3 the cost of one on ebay...  so that pretty much settled where I was going to go with the collection, much to brother's dismay...

Hope you have a great week, off to ebay for that LPU, its available!!!   :)

Scott