[simpits-tech] F-15SE

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:36:31 PDT 2009

Bill wrote

Don't Quote me but the secretary of defense and President Barack O'Bama hate
the F-22
and allot of other programs like that.He is the first President since Dwight
Eisenhower who
who believe less is more.

To make a comparison at the end of the Korean War we had 254 'detroyers
FRAME II 36 knot
ships of 3000 tons each now we have a hell of a lot less Frigates and
Destroyers of average 8000
tons each that are too few to protect more than one front at a time
Wo be the Admirals who decided like little children they had to have a new
ship or they would go
in the corner and cry. Then it became the Airforce's turn and all those
generals played the same game,

If you find this interesting get a movie I am not sure the name maybe the
Pentagon game" about
the procurement of the "Bradley fighting vehicle the "Tank" we sent to
Iraqed and found out they were
a piece of ship.It was supposed to be a new armoured Personel carrier for a
squad of men it turn out
to be an aluminum coffin.We sold some to the Israeli's they completely
rebuilt it using I think it's plobam
armour and a whole bunch of new enhancement and it works now. According to
the movie it took 22 years
and 19 different model to get what they ended up with.All those little
changed the entire conception of the
idea to get their 2 cents worth its a sad funny story.

This is what we used to do let each company independantly of each other come
up with their own idea's then the
generals and the Admirals picked the one they wanted

DC-3,B-17,B-29,F-86 All the battlehips destroyers everything we build for
WWII was a design in competition
that all changed the day Eisenhower left office .Remember what he said .He
gave a speech about the fear
of "Military Industrial complex: that is what we have now . This is the
first president in half a century who is making
sounds he wants to go back to old way a lot of flag officers are going to go
into the corner and start crying and who
do they cry with the The Congress of the United states of America their
buddies/

Regards

Bill

PS
Do you know what you get in the Navy if you don't get a sea command you sail
a desk into procurement and you use your
star that you just received for being promoted to admiral to play with model
ships to build new ships like a little kid plays with models.So how did they
power their new 8,000 tonners CODAG  "Combination of Diesel and Gas Turbine
range less than than the WWII ones and slower and this new terrorist world
you know what the new Navy is missing those 6 5" guns that the
Fram II had.
.

Regard