[simpits-tech] Need a plan

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Jan 19 20:02:58 PST 2005

Simon Bennett wrote:
> You can use certain Garmin GPS units with no modifications. Not sure
> about the amount of functionality, but they will talk to MSFS.

Yup, but those are expensive and I'm putting a panel mount GPS/comm in
whatever plane we decide on. Done right I should be able to make a
USB/composite video copy for under $200. If my poking around in FS9 is
accurate there are easily mapped inputs for every functional button on the
GPSs modeled, so a Hagstrom or even hacked USB keyboard chip will take care
of it.

However, since I have a Garmin eMap sitting next to me I'm going to see if I
can make it work with the sim. I made a very ugly data cable so I could load
maps, so I should be able to get it to work. Thanks for reminding me about
that, I had completely forgotten about it.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net