[simpits-tech] I am back.

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:17:01 -0600

Gene Buckle wrote:

> Eaten one?!  Hell, you'd need an RPG7 just to kill the damn thing, let
> alone _eat_ it.

As a Texan (by force, not choice ;), I know a little something about
eating armored sea creatures. A real Texan does not use the cute little
tools they bring you. You use a full sized dinner fork and that's it.
However, occasionally the critter can be a bit stubborn. One time, at
band... err, Joe's Crab Shack, the former crab I was in the process of
making disappear decided to put up a fight. This little bugger must have
been drinking his milk since nothing would break that particular claw's
shell. During my struggle our waiter sat down at the table with us to
chat, as waiters at Joe's are prone to do. Just as he was about to ask
if I needed a pair of pliers I, without missing a beat, reached out and
snagged the bottle of ketchup (actually a glass bottle for a change),
and, wielding it like a samurai sword, smashed that damned shell into
it's component elements, then continued eating. The waiter got a funny
look on his face, stood, and backed away slowly.

So, who here thinks I'd have trouble eating the pictured critter? Just
give me a few 55 gallon drums of butter and 18 gallons of light beer.
Note, light beer, in my terms, is Shiner Bock, Killian's, or, at the
very lightest, Heineken. Dark beer is Guinness. Stout is homebrewed and
absorbs all light within 300 yards ;)

Now I'll go back to my corner.
--
Steve