[simpits-tech] Simulator "manuals"?

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:38:22 -0800 (PST)

> The only real problem I see with this is I am afraid since there are so many
> new ideas and changes all the time, the project would get way ahead of the
> docs and you'd end up with broken docs.
>
> Anyone doing this?

It's actually a good idea.  I'm doing somthing similar, but on a
sub-system basis.  I've got documentation about each system I build, plus
misc notes.  As I get around to it, I'm going to transcribe the docs for
totally finished sub-assemblies (for example, the BIT panel) on the
website.  The docs mostly consists of things like "wire #3 goes to the
RSET switch", as well as a description of how the BUS connectors are wired
to the assembly.  When it's installed, I'll note what it connects to and
how it connects to it.

g.