[simpits-tech] Throttle Arm base dimensions

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:03:33 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C2B8B9.71F86540

Doing well.  There's a guy over at Cougar world that did all the
research and found the right ones to use for the Cougar.  He sells them
with a kit that has all the instructions and he has even mad the
mounting brackets to mount the sensors to the Cougar.  The installation
was simple and fast.  The sensors work MUCH better than the pots, no
spiking at all and flying is smoother than ever.  I only wish he had a
mod for the throttle, but you could use one of his HS for the throttle
handle as you guys are describing.  It would splice right into the
existing wiring and you may or may not need to reverse the axis, but if
you did, it takes all of 5 minutes to do and save and then you won't
have to do it again unless you upgrade the firmware and/or software.  He
charges about $129 for the kit, but I think he sells the HS for $50
each.  I was going to get another from him whenever I get to the
throttle mounting point.  I have two Cougars, one I plan on leaving for
desktop play for anyone that comes to my house, the other I plan on
using with Marv's LVDT stick package when it is done.

The guys name is Cub pilot and here is the info he sends out:

The Cougar+ HS Mod Kit is a high-end mod, using top quality Hall Effect
Angle Sensors. The sensors utilize a temperature stabilized Hall Effect
Sensing IC, specifically designed for feedback position sensing
applications in a wide temperature range. If you want more info on Hall
Effect Sensors go to my web page at CubPilot's Hangar
<http://cubpilot.home.att.net/> .

Hall Sensors are more expensive than resistive pots. That's why TM
didn't use them in the Cougar. However, Hall Sensors will put an end to
the spiking problems of the resistive pots that all Cougars will
eventually suffer from, some already have this problem. If you are a
discriminating Cougar owner and have, or are getting your Cougar
"Uberized" by Ian, this would be the crowning touch to your modded
"Kitty".

The kit features:

- Two high quality Hall Effect Position Sensors for the X and Y-axis of
the Joystick.

- Two shaft adapters, pre-installed on the sensor shafts.

- Two mounting brackets with the sensors pre-installed.

- Shrink tubing for the six wires that need to be spliced/soldered.

- Each Hall Effect Sensor is tested before shipment.

- Instructions on my web page on how to install the kit.

- Attaches to the original Cougar pot mounting holes.

- No Cougar downtime waiting for your parts to be returned, this is an
end user drop in* mod kit.

- Works with Cougars and UberCougars.

Since soldering can be quite a challenge for some people I am working on
a solution to eliminate the need for the end user to solder any wires. I
hope to have this solved soon.

* Some final adjusting may be required by the end user.

Current cost of the Cougar+ HS Mod Kit:        As of 9/22/2002

The cost of the Cougar+ HS Mod Kit is dictated by the cost of the Hall
Sensors, they are the most costly part of this mod.

Orders from the USA  ======>  $129.00  + $6.05*  Postage & Insurance -
Priority Mail, 1 to 3

                                               day  postal service
delivery, in most domestic USA locations.

International Orders   ======>  $129.00  USD+  Postage & Insurance -
Global Priority Mail,

 3 to 5 day delivery excluding customs delays

                                                      +  $9.00* USD -
Australia, France, New Zealand, Western Australia,

      & Japan

      +  $8.00* USD - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany,

                                Great Britain & Northern Ireland,
Holland,

                                Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Norway,
Scotland,

                              Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

      +  $6.00* USD - Canada

                      +  Postage & Insurance - Airmail Letter Post,

  4 to 7 day delivery excluding customs

 delays. (Global Priority Mail not available)

      + $2.40* USD - Greece

      + $3.20* USD - Italy

If your country is not listed or you want faster delivery please e-mail
me at Cougar+ HS more info
<mailto:cougar-hs@att.net?subject=Cougar+HS%20more%20info%20please>  for
your postage & Insurance.

* NOTE: Postage & insurance rates subject to change without notice.

To convert $USD to your currency I suggest that you go to this web site
xe.com <http://www.xe.com/> .

TO ORDER:

If you would like to order a Cougar+ HS Mod Kit, e-mail me at Cougar+ HS
order
<mailto:cougar-hs@att.net?subject=I%20want%20to%20order%20a%20Cougar+%20
HS%20Kit> , include your shipping address and we can finalize the
remaining details. If paying by Credit Card please use the address that
your card is issued to for the shipping address.

NOTE: Please group you name (your real name not your online "handle")
and shipping address together in your e-mail to me. I will make it
easier for me to transcribe that information (i.e. don't have your name
at the top of the e-mail and your address somewhere else, group all that
information together). Please include your Cougar's Serial number and
indicate if it has been "Uberized" by Ian.

An example of the preferred format is as follows:

Number of Cougar+ HS Kits wanted:

Name:  (your name as it appears on your credit card if paying by that
method)

Address: (your address as it appears on your credit card statement if
paying by that method)

City:

Zip Code/Postal Code:

Country:

Cougar Serial#:

Uber Cougar or Stock Cougar: ?

If you do not want your Cougar+ HS Kit shipped to the address on you
credit card statement please indicate the address that you want it
shipped to. I will require both addresses when paying by credit card.

Thank you.

PAYMENT:

I will accept payments thru PayPal. Please DO NOT send payment until you
get my "Request for Money" e-mail from PayPal. This e-mail will indicate
that your Kit is ready or nearly ready to ship and also have
instructions on how to use PayPal to pay me for those of you who have
never used PayPal before. If you cannot or will not use PayPal e-mail me
at Cougar+ HS more info
<mailto:cougar-hs@att.net?subject=Cougar+HS%20more%20info%20please>  to
make other arrangements.

I will also accept payment by Money Order. International Money Orders
must be drawn from an International Bank in $USD. Contact me at Cougar+
HS more info
<mailto:cougar-hs@att.net?subject=Cougar+HS%20more%20info%20please>  to
get my name and address to use the Money Order option.

NEED MORE INFO?  :

For other additional info e-mail me at Cougar+ HS more info
<mailto:cougar-hs@att.net?subject=Cougar+HS%20more%20info%20please> .

Availability:

To get updates about the Cougar+ HS Kit status go to the
<http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29411>
"Upgrade to Cougar+ HS Kit available" thread in Cougar World Forum and
look for my latest update posted there.