[GEM Development] PDOS (Public Domain Operating System)

Thomas Clayton TopCatDRC at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 22:01:56 PDT 2024

Hi! Gem-DevS:

I have my old problem: I sent a letter *to* the list-serv and didn't
receive it back. *Now*, in this case it could have been 'cause I put the
list as CC not primary eAddress.

Next, with regard to Liam's reply, besides GEM, there was a GEOS OpEnv
that ran over DOS. They're (as far as I know) building - attempting to
build - a 32bit version of it. I figure they need something like PD-OS.
I never followed them into their post Yahoo! Groups URL community. Maybe
I'll look 'em up in future.

Re-rebuilding my PCs. HDDs and CODDs needed replacing this past weekend.
Less than six months since first rebuild. *Then* user permission(s) to
finish for my various selves to allow access importing them into 'the
new system'.
One very good thing: finding *old* reservoirs of *old* software. :-D
(They're still there!)

Oh. I still haven't found a copy of DR-GEM Scan, anywhere. Past time
time to request it thru Vetusware. (Just saw that post about artline and
deltasoft; and "CCP Desktop 2".) IF you look at teh bit-savers pdf for
DRi 1987(?), you'll at least see I'm not imagining this app. I had
actually seen a copy at a Zenith computers dealer in chicago-land (1991?).

I hope this goes thru and out the list-serv. Let's see ..

Tom Clayton
TopCatDRC