[GEM Development] PDOS (Public Domain Operating System)

Thomas Clayton TopCatDRC at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 12:41:37 PDT 2024

Dear All:

Since ?Summer of last year? (could have been just after Vintage Computer
Fest - MidWest (VCF-MW) in 2022 which would make the date late Sept of
that year) which I tried speak about /at/ VCF-MW 2023, I've known that
someone has ? succeeded ?? in making a 32-bit DOS for x86 / x85
micro-Processors (mPros). x >or= to 3

PDOS (Public Domain Operating System)
http://www.pdos.org/
https://pdos.sourceforge.net/

For years (ago) talk was of taking a 32-bit DOS extender and converting
it into an OpSys. Apparently, 2-4 years ago, this developer without
pre-announcing their intention to do so, succeeded and did so.

Well, you can judge for yourselves.

One comment worth passing along [ to Liam, with The Register ;-) ]:

it is NOT under the GPL! That's TOO restrictive in the developer's mind.

Thomas Clayton