[GEM Development] Video mode - bitplane vs packed pixels

John Elliott jce at seasip.info
Tue Feb 6 13:29:55 PST 2024

Michael Bernstein wrote:
> GEMDOS was a little bit like MS DOS. Bur i am not aware, that GEMDOS
> is used as a base for other DOS operating systems. And the BIOS and
> XBIOS are hardware specific.

As far as I know, GEMDOS doesn't share any DNA with DOS Plus, though
they may have superficial similarities (being operating systems by
Digital Research that implement the MSDOS 2.x API). DOS Plus is, under
the covers, an MS-DOS emulator running on top of a multitasking CP/M-86
kernel, while GEMDOS isn't.

--
John Elliott