[GEM Development] Adimens GT

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 12:16:37 PDT 2023

I've got one other question: WHAT does this app DO?

(Is it THE DataBase app that is mentioned in one of the two GEM books from ~1988-1992 ? )

Those books are now in PDF format at (?) bitsavers.org - and? The Internet Archive, BTW. So are some DRi brocures from 'back then'.

Thomas Clayton

    On Monday, June 26, 2023, 2:25:24 PM GMT-6, Armand Colleye <armand.colleye at planet.nl> wrote:

    Hi,       The Germans adhere the EU Copyright Directive 93/98/EEC.       So, if Adi Software is declared bankrupt, the copyright retains to their owners still 70 years before it comes into the public domain.   Unless the new owner publish it in the GNU public licence like Caldera did it with the old DRI-software.       =Armand=       > Hello   > Usually the rights holder pays for translation services. GEM was owned by DRI and had various translations out. Amiens, owned by ADI, if they are out if business and didn't sell their IP or declare bankruptcy then it's in limbo for however long German copyright laws last.       > Look at the GEM EXE file in a hex editor. It may have the DRI copyright.
> Blessings         >>On Sun, Jun 25, 2023, 6:40 PM Armand Colleye <armand.colleye at planet.nl> wrote:
 Hi Thomas,
No the floppydisk says copyright Adi Software
You can check it via the link https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/adimens-gt-datenbank-mit-gem-oberflaeche-fuer-ms-dos-1226918080/
and look for the supplied photos

=Armand