[GEM Development] Interest in my blog post on DR-DOS...

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 06:19:30 PDT 2023

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 at 23:09, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> First comment today, 5 years later...

And a follow-up!

https://liam-on-linux.dreamwidth.org/57411.html

«
There you go
https://archive.org/details/dr-dos-compiler-open-dos-701-disk-1

Run the script C:\DRDOS.SRC\SETMAKE.BAT then follow the instructions

Also included in C:\DREXTRA: the source+binaries for the rest of the
tools that Udo made for DR Dos Enhanced. Take note there are 2
different versions of SYS, one for booting with IBMDOS/IBMBIO (7.01.6
and below) and DRDOS/DRBIO (7.01.7 and 8wip)

Some users report unstabilities using ViewMax and the task switcher
with .7 and .8. Your milleage may vary, but using a newer Task Manager
could help, as detailed by Udo in
https://web.archive.org/web/20150429122543/http://www.drdosprojects.de/index.cgi/download.htm

Also, if you run ViewMax, yo need to set the enviroment variable
DRDOSCFG (just point it to either the path where you have DRDOS
installed or to where ViewMax.ini is located). Likewise set OPENDOSCFG
just in case some other tool need it.
»

If anyone can get this working, please let me know.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 277612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053