[GEM Development] OpenGEM 7 RC3 is now ready - and this should be it

Michael Henry bromichaelhenry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:20:57 PDT 2017

Ok, here is a corrected version.

What it was doing was going into GEMSYS directory and when a user choose an
option, it is trying to find a GEMAPPS\GEMSYS\SETUP directory inside of the
GEMSYS directory.

I also added an END label so it will exit cleanly now.

@ECHO OFF
CLS

REM  OpenGEM SETUP Release 6
REM  Copyright (C) 2001-2017  Shane Coughlan
REM  http://gem.opendawn.com email: shane at opendawn.com

:CHOOSE
REM Chose what device you want to setup
ECHO OFF
ECHO               **************************************************
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * What would you like to do now?                 *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 1 - Change the video driver                    *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 2 - Change the sound driver                    *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 3 - Change the printer driver                  *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 4 - Repair OpenGEM                             *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 5 - Get Help                                   *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * 6 - Exit and return to DOS                     *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               **************************************************
ECHO.
ECHO                           Please select an option...
CD GEMAPPS\GEMSYS
choice /c:123456
if errorlevel 6 goto 6
if errorlevel 5 goto 5
if errorlevel 4 goto 4
if errorlevel 3 goto 3
if errorlevel 2 goto 2
if errorlevel 1 goto 1
CLS

:1
ECHO OFF
REM Change the video driver
CD SETUP
VIDEO
GOTO CHOOSE
CLS

:2
ECHO OFF
CLS
REM Change the sound driver
CD SETUP
SOUND
GOTO CHOOSE
CLS

:3
ECHO OFF
CLS
REM Change the printer driver
CD SETUP
PRINTER
GOTO CHOOSE
CLS

:4
ECHO OFF
CLS
REM Repair OpenGEM
CD SETUP
REPAIR
GOTO CHOOSE
CLS

:5
ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO               **************************************************
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               *               OpenGEM Setup Help               *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * OpenGEM SETUP is designed to make changing     *
ECHO               * FreeGEM sound, video and printer drivers easy. *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * Before you change sound or video drivers       *
ECHO               * please check what type of hardware you have.   *
ECHO               * Using the wrong driver can crash your system.  *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               * When changing the printer drivers keep in mind *
ECHO               * that it might be impossible to get an exact    *
ECHO               * match for your printer. You are advised to     *
ECHO               * try different drivers until you find one that  *
ECHO               * works for you.                                 *
ECHO               *                                                *
ECHO               **************************************************
ECHO.
ECHO                   Press any key to return to the main menu...
PAUSE > NUL
GOTO END
CLS

:6
REM Exit OpenGEM SETUP
:END
CD\
ECHO               *       Thank you for using OpenGEM Setup        *
ECHO.