[GEM Development] Liam Proven! DOS in VirtualPC

Thomas F Clayton tfclayton at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 11:42:54 PST 2017

All:

1) That which you're replying to [VERY BELOW], hasn't ever shown up in
my Inbox.

2) I left one line - URL - out of the original. My immediate correction,
also, hasn't shown up; back in my Inbox.
   (Which is just ordinary for me and *important* messages to this, or
any, list-serv. :-(  )

3) The URL was / is:
(It is sticking IN the whole web page)
[begin paste]

To ALL:

Just going thru my (very old) bookmarks at work and found one that lead
to these FreeDOS (old) images.

Freedos <https://virtualboxes.org/images/freedos/>

    Freedos

There are several FreeDOS images available. FreeDOS 1.0 Size
(compressed/uncompressed): 84.3 MBytes / 375 MBytes...

<https://virtualboxes.org/images/freedos/>

Maybe we can create a more recent one (FreeDOS) /and/ a DR-DOS (for
personal Non-comerical use ETC.) one?
Two?, might be quite a challenge - but we can dream.

GEM images, too, - but what would be the OS ... ?

[end paste]

 From what I looked up and Liam said, that'd be FreeDOS 1.2 VBox "image"
(file) not at Oracle - and I'd hope to create a DR-DOS on, also.

DR-DOS? What vn.? ? you ask.
Well, whichever one(s)  was(were) released for "personal non-commercial
use" which would /HAVE TO BE/ attached to the "image" when uploaded.

Thomas clayton

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
That felt so good.  The little finger puts in 3 or 4 "a"s or "w"s
aaalmost aalwwwaaays and I have to go back and edit them out.