[GEM Development] FreeGEM drivers updated

Ben A L Jemmett ben at jemmett.me.uk
Tue Mar 5 06:40:03 PST 2013

John wrote:
>   (At the time, I had never seen a GEM driver where the number of colours
> wasn't 2^(number of planes). I have since seen two: the Trident 4-colour
> drivers require four planes for four colours, where you'd expect only two.

Now that sounds rather peculiar, indeed; how do they/does the hardware cope
if you have bits set in several planes?  Presumably it's not actually a
16-colour mode in disguise; I guess the card assigns priorities to the
planes or something?

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/