[GEM Development] Raspberry-Pi Computer Details

Ben A L Jemmett ben at jemmett.me.uk
Tue May 8 09:38:57 PDT 2012

> As many of you are aware, a TINY new computer exists and is
> available to the "general public". In case you'd like to know
> "the details" take a look at:
>
> http://www.techspot.com/review/527-raspberry-pi/

Mine arrived this morning (prompting a dark muttering at Farnell for sending
it second-class, my orders usually arrive rather quicker than that!).  I
don't imagine even thinking about porting GEM to it would be particularly
sensible, not that such considerations ever stopped me from thinking about
anything -- although I am tempted to try installing DOSbox and installing
GEM in that ;)

[http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/scratch_pub/08052012181_rc.jpg, for a
particularly unedifying photograph of the machine propped up against my
tertiary monitor.  Those of you who see my occasional outbursts on Twitter
and/or Facebook may be sick of this link already, but hey, I got mine so
*blows raspberry*!  Maybe I'll take a picture with the proper camera later,
after I've dusted my desk...]

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/