[GEM Development] Updated Apricot drivers

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 17:18:45 PST 2012

  Against the vanishingly rare possibility that anyone but me is interested
in GEM drivers for the Apricot Portable or F-Series computers:

<http://www.seasip.info/Gem/drivers0.html> has reconstructed source for the
Apricot Portable / F-Series drivers I've been able to find. It also has
updated versions that fix the rendering bugs I've mentioned previously
(see the screenshots at <http://www.seasip.info/Gem/History/apricot.html> ).

<http://www.seasip.info/Gem/drivers3.html> has FreeGEM versions of the same
drivers, based on the GEM/3 driver tree.

  The Portable and F-Series drivers are the ones I've mentioned before, that
generate code on the fly for lines and bit blits. So, for example, if you
wanted to draw a line on the screen, the driver would create a subroutine
to draw that specific line, and then run it. Whether it actually boosts
performance I couldn't say, but someone must have had a lot of fun coding
it.

--
John Elliott