[GEM Development] OpenWatcom Bindings, C editor and spreadsheet

francois.vanzeveren at brutele.be francois.vanzeveren at brutele.be
Thu Apr 26 01:28:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am exploring the world of INTEL GEM and has a few questions.

1) Currently, I am using the RHIDE environement under FreeDOS
to learn GEM programming in C. But, coming from the Atari GEM
world, I am used to a fantastic GEM based editor with syntax
highlighting: Qed (whose sources are available). Is there
something similar for the INTEL GEM?
2) I have download and install the OpenWatcom compiler and
tools on my new FreeDOS/OpenGEM box. I would like to build the
appropriate gem bindings in order to use this compiler as
well. But I have no clue about the procedure to follow... Is
there some documentation explaining what to do?
2) I am looking for a spreadsheet application: what are the
alternatives under INTEL GEM? Under Atari, there are K-Spread,
VIP, Texel, 3D-Calc, etc...

Thanks in advance for your help.

François