[GEM Development] Update to SETTINGS.APP

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 16:24:57 PDT 2011

  I've not been paying GEM the attention I should recently (and there's
all sorts of GEM-related stuff in my Inbox I still need to get round to).
But I was recently trying to load FreeGEM on an Amstrad 1640, and found
a couple of bugs in SETTINGS.APP:

* The colour selectors draw 256 colours, even if the system only supports
 monochrome or 16. And on an XT this is slooooow.

* On a display that was 640 pixels wide (ie, just about anything) the
 colour selectors for cursors could end up partly offscreen.

  So I've fixed them. The new SETTINGS.APP can be downloaded from
<http://www.seasip.info/Gem/aeses.html>.

  Also, you may remember I did a patch for VGA support in GEM/1? Not
strictly relevant to this list, but I've now done something similar for
Windows 1. <http://www.seasip.info/Misc/win1.html>

--
John Elliott