[GEM Development] DR operating systems

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 16:27:46 PST 2011

While clearing out letters from last Dec. (when _I_ was busy moving), I found this one.
I did a _little_ following-up

At http://www.digitalresearch.biz/ there was
"DR Flex/OS Now IBM 4690 Operating System" (links to)
 and found:
http://www-03.ibm.com/products/retail/products/software/4690/

They talk of 256MB and 1GB RAM and such in the PDF.. If X/GEM FlexOS is in ANY WAY x85-family Sw, then, indeed, it MUST be prot. mode!

John Elliot might find
http://www.abakion.de/grafik_treiber.htm
"SVGA - Treiber für FlexOS"
of interest. The preisliste (price list) asks for 297.50 Euros for one.

Hmmm.

Thomas Clayton