[GEM Development] DR operating systems

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 13:16:24 PST 2010

Dear ALL:

While poking around eBay, I came across an offering of DR-DOS 6 just BEFORE this exchange of letters began.

e-Bay Item number:	180411515722
"
FULL DR-DOS 6.0 -- Full 3 Disk Set -- DRDOS ***NEW***

# Latest revised DR-DOS 6.0 on 3.5-inch 1.44MB media.
# Includes the full two diskette set:

    * Disk 1 - Install
    * Disk 2 - ViewMax

# Plus an additional disk containing low-level source code files (not part of the standard distribution):

    * Disk 3 - DRBIOS & SKELBIOS

# We were licensed directly by Digital Research to distribute DR-DOS.
# Digital Research embedded and compiled our name into the bootup display to prove our ownership of distribution rights (please see above photo of bootup display). Note: Our name appearing in the initial bootup message is the ONLY difference between our software and the generic software.
# View the release notes HERE.
  http://208.109.247.6/st/files/drdos6_readme.txt
# Printed manuals are not included.
# Also available on 5-1/4 inch 1.2MB media - please see our other listings.
"

[In the two diskette set "auction", there is this note:]
"
Note: If you wish to receive the 3-disk set which includes an optional third disk containing DRBIOS and SKELBIOS low-level source code files, please see our other auctions. The third disk is not part of the standard DR-DOS distribution and was generally distributed only to OEMs and product developers. It is of primary interest to those wishing to make modifications to or understand the workings of the BIOS portion of the O/S, or to those wishing to create low-level drivers.
"

There exists, both, 3.5in and 5.25in three(3)-diskette sets AND some two(2)-diskette 3.5in(?) sets. Twenty to thirty, in all. Oh. - and less then (<) 10$  a-piece(@).

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton