[GEM Development] GEM/5.0 video driver disassembled

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 06:33:17 PST 2008

> I think I've seen this behaviour before somewhere...  *thinks*  Ah yes,
> the Amstrad PC1512 driver when running on something that isn't a PC1512
> (i.e. 640x200x2).  Perhaps a bug triggered if the driver reports 16
> colours but only 2 work?

  Found it. I obviously missed copying some changes across when I brought
that feature in from ViewMAX. It was comparing against num_planes (ie, the
maximum number supported, which is 4) rather than against true_planes (ie,
the number actually in use).

  Anyway, fixed and re-uploaded in all three driver sets.

--
John Elliott