[GEM Development] GEM video driver vs. Ventura Publisher video

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 5 07:39:56 PDT 2008

> what are (if any) differences between the two?

  I've just taken a look at the VGA driver from Ventura 3 (sdfvgah5.vga).
It's very very similar to the VGA driver from GEM 3.1 (sdpsc9.vga); I think
the source tree was forked somewhere between GEM/3.0 and GEM/3.1, because
each driver has some fixes not found in the other. The list of functions
provided by both drivers is identical.

  I've also been told that my 1024x768x256 driver works in Ventura 3.

> does anyone know of any
> source code for video drivers used in Ventura Publisher? TIA!

  I'm not aware of any.

--
John Elliott