[GEM Development] [GEM Announcements] Please read.

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 06:29:53 PDT 2007

[Sorry, the original message got stuck in the moderation queue here because
of an attachment; I was going to ask Edward to resend without it once I'd
finished my lunch!  I see the quote has saved me the trouble though, thanks
:)]

> I think it's a good idea.  The key thing would be to create basic
> documentation for the GEM desktop to allow a new user to understand
> exactly how to use the basic functions of GEM right away, and
> perhaps to tell them about things like printing etc.

It's certainly a good idea; there used to be several very good books about
using GEM.  Some of them I have on my shelf at home still, some I leant out
and never got back, but all are now out-of-print and I suspect some of the
publishers are long out of business, too.  Some nice documentation would be
good; I'm told my style of writing is not ideal for doc writing though, or
I'd have a go myself!

I was about to suggest Rob's GEM Wiki might be a good place to assemble a
collaborative effort, but I see it's offline at the moment -- probably
understandable, I never did get around to adding anything!

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)