[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source - IMPORTANT CORRECTION

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 23:10:13 PST 2006

Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
> I have been using an INI file that works with your desktop 3.2.3.
> However, for some reason it's not working with the new desktop.  Two
> windows should automatically open, but they don't.  The desktop also
> does not appear to be automatically detecting drives anymore.

I made another mistake.  I had an error in the INI file (it was
referring to the O: drive, but OpenGEM/XM uses the X: drive).  I fixed
the error, started GEM with your desktop.  The two windows tried to open
(because the path was now working), but the desktop froze.  The mouse
could still move, but that was it.  I tried changing the directories
that should automatically open.  No different.  Regardless of the number
of files contained in the folders that should automatically open, it
crashes the desktop.

Shane

--
Shane Martin Coughlan