[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 17:48:39 PST 2006

John Elliott wrote:
>   btw, Shane, you need Digital Research's LINK86 v1.3 in your SDK if you want
> people to be able to build the GEM/XM VDI. It can be downloaded from
> <http://www.cpm.z80.de/download/cb86toys.zip>.

This is something I have to sort out.  Thanks for giving me that link.

John, I have a question.  Do you think your 3.2 desktop will go XM
anytime soon?  I'm thinking about OpenGEM 6 and 7, and trying to work
out if these are likely to be multi-tasking (XM based) or not.
Basically, there is some commercial interest appearing around OpenGEM,
with Scott McDonald (http://www.users.bigpond.com/smpcs) building a
database for the GEM system.  I want to support his release with a
cleaned up OpenGEM.  At the moment I believe this will most like be a
single-tasking OpenGEM 6 followed by a multi-tasking OpenGEM 7.
But...you know...depends on development.

Shane

--
Shane Martin Coughlan
e: shane at shaneland.co.uk