[GEM Development] Multitasking OpenGEM on its way

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 15:03:46 PST 2006

Peter Green wrote:
> I'm in the throes of getting my server back to talking to the other
> computers (verflixter firewall...) so want to avoid adding another layer
> of complexity to my system for the time being. I'd imagine, though, that
> the question is whether XM searches for z: and only creates it if it
> doesn't already exist; or whether it tries to create z: regardless.

The answer for OpenGEM/XM is that it tries to SUBST Z:, and if it does
not exist a minor error message is displayed the OpenGEM/XM runs away.

Interestingly, OpenGEM/XM is not running on DOSBOX.  DOSBOX thinks it is
in Drive Z:.  I wonder if the problem is connected?  The error message
in this case is that GEM 3.0 requires at least 500kb of memory.  Over
600kb is available.

Shane

--
Shane Martin Coughlan