[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 12:30:56 PST 2006

Dear GEM-DEV-ers:
Just read through this thread till the March 5th letters.

It's curious to me because: WHAT was this code used for? (What
app?)

You knooww I'm thinking GEM Scan, aren't you?
The need for a LARGE memory pool - even if, only initially, as a
RAMdisk - to hold a SCANned IMaGe (IMG, TIFf)(B/W, Grayscale!) and
THEN 'manipulate it' has all the hallmarks of THAT app. which I
still haven't gotten a GENERAL copy of, for YOU (all). (It's the
one contribution I've REALLY wanted to make to this group.)

Anyway, I shalln't be AT ALL surprised IF, when I *DO* find a copy,
we find it contains a 'core' of GEM /XM code.

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton
Not a code contribution - yet.