[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 01:53:05 PST 2006

> a fresh DOS VM in case its remnant of my existing GEM installation

Go go late night typing abilities!  "it's remnants", of course, and I should
probably clarify that it's the vanilla source code I can't get to compile to a
working binary, not stuff I've hacked around in!

Oh, which reminds me -- John, I spotted a comment in your DESKAPP3.C along the
lines of "from Ben's desktop: don't save auto-detected drives (but why?)".  The
reasoning behind that was so that drives that were once present but disappear
before a subsequent startup (e.g. different drivers in different configurations)
don't stick around unless the user has explicity configured the drive.

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.