[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 19:28:30 PST 2006

: Thanks.  It works perfectly.  Are there any plans to merge the FreeGEM
: AES with GEM/XM's AES?  I REALLY like this version of GEM as the
: multitasking/task-switching is very useful for me.

  I don't know when I could find the time for it - anyone else?

: And, btw, is there actual multitasking going on between
: GEM/XM applications or is it task-switching?

  GEM/XM applications multitask cooperatively, even when their windows are
not visible; this is true whether or not the AES is set to display different
programs in separate desktops. However, when a menu is dropped down or a
program is in a modal loop, background programs don't run.

  At the DOS/GEM level, the system appears to task switch rather than
multitask; that is, only one of GEM and however many DOS programs can be
running at any one time.

--
John Elliott