[GEM Development] Turbo C bindings

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Sun Jan 8 22:41:46 PST 2006

Hi Shane,

> Well, everyone's interested now :)

Nice :-) 2 years ago i found a old PC and decided to adopt this machine.
I decided to use it as a development platform if i would write some
tools for my Atari Portfolio or PC/GEM. I downloaded Turbo C from the
Borland museum and i have buld my own GEM lib with a little reuse of
exisiting souce. And then i put it on my homepage to give other the
possibility to use my work. And nowsomeone can really use my work.

> Let's try to promote that.

If it is useful for others, some hints are not really bad. And a link
on a english homepage.

> Do you want me to host the TurboC bindings
> on the OpenGEM site?

I am not really shure whats the best way. I wrote the lib for my personal
use but most of the functions are not tested. I had to build last year
a bugfix version and maybe there is a need of fix some other bugs. And
if the lib is on my homepage, it is more easy for me to publish a newer
version. The gemlib on my homepage will also match the goal of my
website which is mainly programing on Atari. And this includes also
GEM programing. I have also started a GEM course which is a good addition
but not ready for publishing yet.  For me there is not really a need
to move tis lib to  a different homepage.

Best regards
Michael