[GEM Development] OT: Mobile phones, developing nations, an amazing solution! (Article by Shane)

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Apr 22 11:15:49 PDT 2006

Owen Rudge wrote:
>> I've been meaning to ask one of you UKians.  What IS a Tory?  Here in
>> the land of crappy beer and stump-stupid presidents, we've got
>> democrats and republicans with misc. smaller groups scattered around
>> for good measure. Is Labour equivalent to a republican (conservative)
>> and a Tory equivalent to a democrat (liberal)?
>

> The Tories are the Conservatives, whereas the Labour Party are more
> left-wing. We also have the Liberal Democrats, but they haven't actually
> been in power for many eons. Those are the three primary parties,
> although we also have many minor parties who occasionally pick up a few
> seats.
>
> See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_Kingdom.

Ahh.  Thanks for the info Owen.

Just an fyi for you folks - the mailing list machine is going to be
moved soon and that will entail a short outage on the list.

It really sucks having to squash everything I was doing in to a measly 5
IP addresses when I had my own Class C to play with. :(  Comcast won't
route my block and won't sell me more than 5 addresses.  It leaves me
stuck until they get around to improving their business support.  *sigh*

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007