[GEM Development] OpenGEM Interviews are now active (and news about Project Liberation)

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 14:11:02 PDT 2005

- Project Liberation catching hearts and minds, interviews to help (16/9/05)

Earlier this month we released Project Liberation
(http://gem.shaneland.co.uk/projectliberation.htm), the beta software
for what will become OpenGEM Release 5. Project Liberation has a lot of
advanced features like automatic drive detection and a smart internal
file viewer. We expected some interest from the development community,
but what happened was a shock. More people have downloaded Project
Liberation in the last two weeks than OpenGEM Core, Complete and Deutsch
combined. Talk about a popular beta! It's currently at Beta 3, and the
Beta 4 release will be out in the next couple of weeks. For those of you
curious about when OpenGEM 5 will be released...Watch this site for
October 17th. It will be a very exciting day for the DOS GUI community.
Meanwhile, if you want to get a feel for what's happening in the OpenGEM
and FreeGEM world, check out our new interview section
(http://gem.shaneland.co.uk/interviews.html). We've been asking some of
the minds behind GEM to speak up, and let us know about what's going on.

--
Shane M. Coughlan BA(hons) MA

EMAIL: shane at shaneland.co.uk
WEB: www.shaneland.co.uk