[GEM Development] Screen driver for OpenGEM

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Thu Sep 15 09:36:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

> :
> : Is it possible to write a wrapper? A VDI driver which loads the GSX driver?
>
>   Almost certainly not. That wouldn't give you:

Thats not true because ...

> * Mouse movement/button callbacks
> * Timer callbacks
> * Bit-blitting
> * Loadable fonts

... the missing things can be done by the vdi driver, which uses the gsx
driver for things the gsx driver can handle. See the gsx driver like a
graphic library.

> which I don't think can be implemented by any combination of GSX calls.

They should not implemented by a combination of GSX calls, they can be
implemented in the driver which makes GSX calls.

Regards
Michael