[GEM Development] OpenGEM Download Statistics

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:52:07 PDT 2005

I was writing an email to Thorsten, one of the OpenGEM guys, and I
included statistics about OpenGEM downloads.  It occured to me that
everyone else might be interested in these statistics as well...

Project Liberation downloads are a surprise.

452 copies of Project Liberation have shipped so far this month.
271 copies of OpenGEM Complete have shipped so far this month.
93 copies of OpenGEM Core have shipped so far this month.
33 copies of OpenGEM Deutsch have shipped so far this month.

This is due to the OS NEWS article about Project Liberation.
http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=11749

Here are some more statistics:

July downloads
OpenGEM Complete 704
OpenGEM Core 218
OpenGEM Experimental 163

August downloads
OpenGEM Complete 765
OpenGEM Core 262
OpenGEM Experimental 137
OpenGEM Deutsch 80
Project Liberation 28

This means that in total we've shipped

OpenGEM Complete 1740 times
OpenGEM Core 570 times
OpenGEM Experimental 300 times
OpenGEM Deutsch 113 times
Project Liberation 480 times

Not bad!

OpenGEM Release 3 shipped around 10,000 copies in its 11 month lifespan
from August 2004 until July 2005.  It looks like OpenGEM 4 (Core,
Complete, Experimental and Deutsch) and Project Liberation are
substantially more popular.  We started to release the OpenGEM 4
technology on the 15th of July, and Project Liberation has only been
active for a couple of weeks.

Now, if only people would start making new GEM applications again...

Regards

Shane