[GEM Development] serious bug in the new screen driver

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 03:26:27 PDT 2005

: > I have found another bug in the liberation beta:
: > - Artline is not running anymore. It says: "Incorrect screen driver
: > installed. Please re-install....." and you can only quit it.
: > Greetings
: > Thorsten
:
: Wow!  Seriously bug!  Not good news...
:
: Could it be a version number thing or something?

  The message is misleading. It's not the screen driver that's wrong - it's
the VDI. Artline needs the VDI from GEM 3.1, and I think you're using the
one from GEM 3.0. The version numbers are confusing, but the version in your
beta contains the strings

GEMVDI23
GEMVDI                               Version 2.3
Serial No. XXXX-0000-654321   All Rights Reserved
Copyright (C) 1985-1987     Digital Research Inc.
10/01/87

whereas the one from GEM 3.1 contains

GEMVDI31
GEMVDI                               Version 3.0