[GEM Development] Talking of interesting screenshots...

Liam Proven lproven at cix.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 16:10:31 PST 2005

John Elliott wrote:

>   There's a bit more on the ABC 310 (like an ABC 300 but with a hard drive)
> in the 'Retro' section of the current (April 2005) issue of Personal
> Computer World.

Oh really? Must grab a copy...

> Apparently it was pretty much a repackaged BBC with a 286
> coprocessor, which ran GEM atop "a multitasking version of CP/M" - probably
> Concurrent DOS.

Nope, it was DOS-Plus. Sort of CP/M-86 with a vaguely DOS-compatible
shell on it. I have it running under VirtualPC; I can supply system disk
images if you're curious.

--
Liam Proven
Home: http://welcome.to/liamsweb * Blog: http://lproven.livejournal.com
AOL, Yahoo UK: liamproven * ICQ: 73187508 * MSN: lproven at hotmail.com

P. S. Still alive & here, at least occasionally, as you can see!