[GEM Development] screenshots

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Tue Aug 23 18:52:56 PDT 2005

> Guys, I'm having trouble making screenshots for GEM to put on the
> website.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to get
> screenshots captured to place on my site.

Well, there's SNAPSHOT.ACC if that's any good, or if you're running Windows
9x, you can generally take screenshots with PRINT SCREEN at resolutions up
to 640x480, I think. Otherwise, you need some sort of screenshot utility,
such as that one I always mentioned on tt-forums... let me dig it up...

Ah, VTHIEF, that's the one. Google for it, and then use F12 to take a
screenshot. It'll save the file as a .VTF file, you can then use VTFVIEW to
view it (press 'B' to convert it to BMP).

Otherwise, try running GEM in Virtual PC/VMWare/whatever and take a shot
that way.

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/