[GEM Development] [Fwd: Re: Bugs (or things that could be fixed) inOpenGEM 4]

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 11:33:35 PDT 2005

> Would something like that be possible?  To have an APPLICATIONS menu
> that lists .app files currently in /GEMAPPS?

I had something like this in my versions...  Trying to remember how it
worked.  There was an "Applications" window (an icon for Applications showed
up on the Desktop and the Disk Drives window) which showed, I think, all the
applications that had been registered via the Configure Application dialog.

Plus I had the Send To menu (which was completely misnamed; originally I
intended it to be similar to Windows's Send To feature) that could start a
selection of applications.

Some of the code might be salvagable, but I don't know how much space is
left in John's desktop builds -- or if that's even a problem for his code.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)