[GEM Development] [Fwd: Write.APP problem]

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 18:28:09 PDT 2005

> Hi guys... any ideas for the WRITE problem mentioned below?  I cannot
> seem to replicate it on my machine.

Depends on which operating system the user's running, but I suspect if it's
MS-DOS 7.x+ (Win95 and up, in DOS Mode) then it's due to lack of FCB
support.  GEM/1 and GEM/2's GEMVDI have the same problem I believe; they're
old enough that they rely on FCBs to read/write files, and Microsoft cut
back on that support in Win95.  I think it's provided by Windows once the
full system's booted though.

I'd find out what DOS they're running it on.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)