[GEM Development] [Fwd: OpenGEM 4]

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 20:24:41 PDT 2005

: I've just tested OpenGEM 4 experimental installed overtop of OpenGEM
: complete and it works really nicely.  The only thing that is really
: missing, that I've noticed, is wheelmouse support.  I'm not a good
: programmer, but I don't think it would be really hard to implement the
: cutemouse wheel api by simulating the clicking of the up and down
: arrows of the highlighted window for every scroll.  Maybe if you
: pointed me to the right place to insert this code, I might be able to
: look at the cutemouse wheel api and figure out how to do this.

  I suspect it wouldn't be as easy as it looks, because the mouse driver
(which would need to learn about the extra buttons) is in SDPSC9.VGA, and
then you'd have to add code to the AES to convert this to scrolling actions.
When it comes to amending the AES, you've got the DRI one (has anyone ever
built that?), the FreeGEM one (the code segment of which is full) and EMMA.

--
------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"