[GEM Development] GEM/XM

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 10:38:27 PDT 2005

Ah, I see where that empty e-mail a while ago came from -- my mouse is old
and decrepit and occasionally doesn't properly debounce the buttons, so I
can click on 'Reply' and it'll double-click 'Reply' -> 'Send'.  *sigh*

Anyway.  The .INP files contain the list of files LINK86 should link into
the binaries.  I think I put some back in the version I released; the VDI
and Desktop should build OK from memory, but the AES will build but fail
when the Desktop starts.  As I mentioned on Skype, it'll all run fine for a
while, but then at a certain point when the AES despatcher calls one of the
implementations (I think it's one of the window manager calls) it'll freeze.
I ran out of debugging tools last time I looked at it, which was about three
years ago now, sitting on a train with the laptop on the way to a hospital
appointment.

There's still some debug code left in the AES tree, which doesn't need to be
linked in -- I think the files were FOOsomethingorother, and by default just
contain NOP routines.  Linking with another file gets you some serial port
debugging printf statements which were quite handy.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)