[GEM Development] Mailing list archive?

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Sat May 1 16:00:22 PDT 2004

> I know there is an archive now of the new
> mailing list at http://www.simpits.org/pipermail/gem-dev/, but can anyone
> get all the old posts in? I can send someone an archive of pretty much all
> the posts since 16th February 2000, if necessary.

Flicking through the Mailman docs it looks like the archive is simply an mbox
file that gets processed to produce the HTML pages.  So in theory I could
append all postings from the pre-Mailman days to that file and they'd
appear...  As for copies of the messages, I think Majordomo kept copies for
the digest processor, but it could just be the digests it kept; Yahoo has
everything to date but getting the messages out may be a problem.

If you could send me your archive I'll see if I can get coerce it into mbox
format as an experiment and go from there.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)